It’s officially December, and the season is upon us, so if you’ve not yet put up your tree, hung the mistletoe, and settled down to some Christmas-themed entertainment, it’s about time. And what better way to celebrate the festivities than with any of these brand new Christmas slots available for US casino players! Spin, be merry, and you may find yourself filling your wallet at the same time!
1. Big Bad Wolf Christmas Special: RTP 97.34%
Going live on December 1st, Big Bad Wolf Christmas Special is based on a Quickspin classic, Big Bad Wolf Slot, but this time the Wolf comes dressed in Christmas and not sheep’s clothing!
Delivering a fun-filled gaming experience that combines a magical winter’s backdrop and stunning game graphics with top-notch features like the Swooping Reels, Pigs Turn Wild, Free Spins, and Blowing Down the House Spins; this slot is a must-play. And what’s more, with a sky-high RTP of 97.34%, it’s not all hot air; it’s got the payout stats to back it up!
Big Bad Wolf Christmas Special Bonus Features
- Swooping Reels: AKA cascading reels are triggered by winning spins with win symbols removed and replaced, giving a second chance to score more betline wins on the house.
- Pigs Turn Wild: Every consecutive win in this game is also rewarded with turning the pig symbols wild: 2, 4, or 6 wins in a row turns 1, 2, and 3 pigs wild, respectively.
- Blowing Down the House Free Spins: Get 3 Wolf Scatters on the reels to trigger 10 free spins with 3x multiplier attached and extra spins available. Find an additional 3 scatter, and you’ll get another 10 spins. Plus during the round, you’ll collect full moon symbols on reel 5. Once you’ve scored 3 of these, it’ll trigger the Blowing Down the House feature, which can award even more spins!
2. Carol of the Elves: RTP 96.2%
|1-3-5-3-1 layout expanding to 5x5 reels.
|45 - 3125
Carol of the Elves is an action-packed game that brings the Christmas cheer right to your door. Inspired by the elves of the North Pole, this title is an arcade-style spinner with a retro vibe that'll have you singing as you spin to the Christmas classics. All of the action takes place in the main game, which kicks off with 45 ways to win, but as soon as you start destroying snowflakes and opening up the reels, this grows to a whopping 3125 ways!
Carol of the Elves Slot Base Game Bonus Features
- Re-spins and Magic Stars: Each spin starts with 45 ways to win, but every time you hit a win with this slot, you’ll get re-spins until you make no additional wins. As well as a re-spin, each winning spin also grants a Magic Star, which removes a reel blocker (as you can see in the screenshot above, there are 12 reels positions covered with snowflakes at the start of gameplay. Magic Stars destroy snowflake blockers until all the reel spaces are open) creating more ways to win. It takes a total of 3 re-spins to reach 3125 ways to win.
- Win Multipliers: When there are no blockers left on the reels, the collected Magic Stars activate the red or green lanterns (the meters show on the left and right of the reel frame), and gift players win multipliers on the next spin.
- Extra Lives: Activating both lanterns also gives players an extra life, saving you from a losing re-spin and extending the winning base-game action and multipliers for longer.
Which Casinos Can I play Carol of the Elves Slot at for Real Money Prizes?
This game brings the mischief and magic of Christmas to life, and re-spins action is almost hypnotic! Are you ready to settle down and have a merry old time with Carol of the Elves Slot? Then you can check it out and grab yourself a bountiful welcome offer at the listed casino below!
3. Crystal Prince: RTP 96.17%.
|4096 - 262,144
Doubling down on the action this festive season, Quickspin is appealing to the masses by releasing two winter slots: Big Bad Wolf, with an overtly Christmas theme, and Crystal Prince, which avoids religious Christmas overtones and head straight to the ice-cold heart of winter with an alternative, but just as exciting option (albeit with a lower RTP).
Staring Jack Snow as the main character, this high volatility slot has plenty of surprises in store, beginning with its pay both ways line wins and unusual symbols which fall in rows of 4 with each spin. Still, as always, the best prize-winning-action is created by the bonus features!
Crystal Prince Slot Bonus Features
- Wild Frosts and Multiplier Wilds: There are 2 wilds in this game, and each substitute for non-bonus symbols to help create or increase the worth of betline wins. The multiplier wild also adds an x2 or x3 multiplier to any betline win it is part of.
- Snowfall Feature: This feature fills the reels as each starting spin gives only 4 rows of symbols, leaving 4 empty. Activated on winning spins, this feature adds a new row of symbols for each consecutive win (up to 8 rows, filling the reels), creating evermore ways to win!
- Blizzard Mode: When the reels are filled with all 8 rows (4 consecutive winning spins), the blizzard seal is broken, releasing 1-3 multiplier wilds to the reels and kicking off the blizzard mode, which removes all low paying and non-winning symbols from the reels. This leaves only high paying and bonus symbols, which fall to the bottom of the frame and creates open spaces for the newly falling symbols, and hopefully, some high worth wins!
- Free Spins: Landing 3+ snowflake symbols anywhere on the reels to commence 8-20 spins with additional wilds! The number of spins awarded corresponds to the number scatter which began the round.
- Bonus Buy: Feeling impatient? Use the bonus buy feature (at the cost of 60x your bet), and you’ll instantly get between 3-6 snowflakes scatter on the reels and go straight to free spins.
4. Aloha! Christmas Edition: RTP 96%
Aloha! Is a top-rated 2016 slot from NetEnt. Aloha! Christmas Edition is the sequel and offers a destination-holiday appeal, set in Hawaii (just like the original). Not much has changed in terms of the graphics: instead of a volcano filling the background, there’s now a beach bar, and Christmas touches have been scattered here and there - like the Santa hats on the Tiki symbols and some gifts added to the reel backdrop- but this slot is not overtly Christmasy. themed is not over the top.
The main game mechanic matches the original slot and is cluster pays (wins are paid for clusters of 9-22 matching symbols falling horizontally or vertically) to award betline wins. Still, it’s in the bonus features and rounds that you’ll find the most divergence between the Christmas version of Aloha! And its predecessor.
Aloha! Christmas Edition Bonus Features
- Mystery Symbols: Mystery symbols can appear during the game and transform into matching symbols to create wins, plus any mystery symbol can also become a multiplier wild awarding 2-7x.
- Sticky Win Re-Spins: Randomly triggered on any winning spin, sticky wild re-spins grant a re-spin with the winning cluster stuck on the reels. Thus allowing you to grow the cluster as the spins only stop when no new matching symbols are added, leaving the potential to fill the whole reels with a single symbol and create huge wins!
- Free Spins - Tiki Bar or Tiki Bar Max: Collect 3 postage stamp scatter symbols, and you’ll get your pick from 2 free spin rounds; Tiki Bar Spins, which come with 10 spins and wild multipliers of 2-4x, or Tiki Bar MAX, which offers 6 spins with wild multipliers between 4-7x. Plus, for every starfish symbol you collect during either round, you’ll get an extra 2 spins!
Where Can I play Aloha! Christmas Edition for Real Money?
5. Rudolph Gone Wild: RTP 95.33%.
Based on the festive tale of the Reindeer who went on to save Christmas, Rudolph Gone Wild Slot is packed with festive flair and plenty of wild action that should see you spinning to success.
The main action and gameplay centers on, you’ve guessed it, plenty of wilds, which have different uses and deliver non-stop action, but if you don’t want to wait around to enter the Wild Spins, then there’s a feature buy-in option included!
Rudolph Gone Wild Slot Bonus Features
- Snow Machine Wilds: When you feel the rumble get ready to roll as snow shoots from either side of the reel frame turning 1-4 symbols wild! The snow machine features can happen at any point in the base game and is randomly triggered.
- Flying Elves Feature: Potentially active on any base game spin, this feature brings a troop of jolly Elves to reels to spread Christmas cheer and random wilds to your screen!
- Rudolph Wilds Feature: Rudolph is a wild symbol in the game, and each time he lands on the reels, you’ll trigger the Rudolph Wild Feature, which grants re-spins until the original wild symbol has traversed the reels!
- Rudolph Wild Spins: This is the main event and is triggered by 3+ scatter symbols falling on the middle reels. Before the round starts, you’ll head to Santa’s present room to select two gifts (one grants the number of spins, 6:20, the other the height of the stacked wild Rudolph symbol, 3:8, which appear on the reels in free spins). Plus, with Rudolph Wilds Feature still active (granting re-spins), the free spins are not strictly limited in number, other than by your luck!
What are the Best Online Casinos to play Rudolph Gone Wild Slot?
While this game has the lowest RTP on our list of Christmas Slots it also has the lowest bet levels and is well worth taking for a spin, especially if you’re inpatient and looking for a feature-buy Christmas slot! Play Rudolph Gone Wild at any of our top recommended Scientific Games casinos or cut to the chase and go for the biggest welcome deal at the casino listed below!
Which Christmas Slot Should You Play?
Given it’s officially the season of gluttony, we suggest you try out all of these top new slots- why not? Most of them are available in demo play at any of our recommended online casinos, meaning you can try them out without spending a cent. Then when you're ready to play for real money, grab yourself a casino bonus and start spinning to win; you never know what prizes this festive season will bring!