News and Analysis
South Carolina is the Latest State to Introduce Sports Betting Bill
South Carolina has joined the list of states considering regulating online sports betting with the introduction of HB 5277 on April 21st. The Bill has since been referred to the State Committee on Judiciary. If the Bill (sponsored by representatives Herbkersman and Rutherford) passes, it will allow legal internet sports betting in the state with between 8-12 licenses available.
PokerStars Launches Peer-to-Peer Exchange
The PokerStars Group has introduced a new PokerStars Exchange service that allows players to bet against each other, creating their own odds. The Exchange will be available on PokerStars.com and PokerStars.EU sites immediately, disseminating through local jurisdictions later in the year. This is an excellent move for PokerStars, and the innovative product is sure to be a hit, offering more flexibility to players and immersion.
888’s WSOP Goes Live in Michigan
In great news for Michigan poker players, 888 has officially gone live in the state, launching its World Series of Poker (WSOP) brand. Powered by 888’s proprietary tech, the platform will offer weekly tournaments, bracelet events, and more!
NY Bettors Use Multiple Sports Betting Apps
Research released this week has shown that NY gamblers use an average of 3.3 betting apps per customer. The study used a small sample (not representative of the whole of NY) of 215 respondents between 21-64 and found:
- Respondents use an average of 3.3 sports betting apps to place bets (In NJ, this is 2.8).
- 6% of respondents used up to six apps.
- Respondents named four providers as their favorites: DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, and Caesars.
As this data is gained from a small sample size, it’s not representative of NY playing habits on the whole. However, it does indicate that NY players are happy to use multiple apps to get the best deals and brand loyalty appears to be low.
Game of the Week
Kings of Crystals Slot: All41 Studios, RTP 96.40%
If you’re looking for a slot to spin this week, we’ve got an exclusive game title for you, Kings of Crystals Slot. This is a brand new release from All41 Studios (distributed under DGC in the US).
It’s a fantasy slot with 5x4 reels, 40 paylines, three bonus rounds, nudging wilds, jackpots, and much more. The slot has three main characters, the kings, a chalice, a gauntlet, and A-9 playing card symbols. All you need to do is match symbols from left to right on an active bet line to start winning.
If you collect enough scatter symbols in the meters of the left side of the reel (each that lands on the reels are added to the meter), you’ll trigger the free spins round, which can come with one of three modifiers:
- Red scatters trigger five nudging wild free spins, which move one place across the reels with each spin, and two extra reels add up to 100 paylines.
- Green scatters trigger the jackpot spins round, giving ten spins and the chance to score one of four jackpots, the largest of which is 10,000x your bet.
- Blue scatters trigger five free spins with a random (2-10x) multiplier on each spin, and more scatters mean more spins.
- It is also possible to trigger all three features in a single round if you collect a good range of all the crystal scatters.
As well as the awesome bonus rounds, detailed graphics and exciting narrative of this game, the stats are out of this world, with spins costing $0.20-20, max payouts of 10,000x your stake, a sky-high 96.40% RTP, high volatility play style and a hit rate averaging 38.75%!
This is a top spinner, and it’s an exclusive title, which you’ll only find at these DGC US online casinos - check it out!