News and Analysis
White Hat Studios Teams up with Galaxy Gaming
White Hat Studios have increased its US position this week by adding Galaxy Games’ proprietary tables to its content. Galaxy Gaming is known for its fresh games, which supply more options to players.
White Hat Studio’s CEO, Andy Whitworth, said of the deal; “We’re delighted to be working with Galaxy Gaming. This is a perfect relationship as both companies have such a resolute focus on innovation… I’m really excited by our first title Blackjack Players Choice, which is actually a game I’ve wanted to build for years. It gives players true flexibility and choice by allowing them to select which of Galaxy’s side bets they wish to play. We have been blown away by positive operator feedback and are already building operator branded versions of the first game.”
Green Jade Games Available at Pariplay Casinos
Pariplay has also increased its portfolio this week, striking a US-exclusive deal with Green Jade Games that will see the studio’s top titles featured on Pariplay’s Fusion platform. The titles include games that challenge mental skills rather than just paying out based on chance and a selection of slots.
Pariplay Director of Partnerships Callum Harris said of the agreement; “Green Jade has built a deserved reputation for producing slick, compelling arcade games that are very popular with players all over the world… It’s fantastic to have them on board as a new Fusion partner for the US market. The unique offering is set to grow over the coming months and years and it’s a privilege to be aligned on a growth journey as igaming continues to roll out across the country.”
BallyBet Sportsbook Launches in NY
BallyBet launched in NY this week, more than six months after the market launched and nine months after the company was awarded a license. Bally’s chair, Soo Kim, said the delay was due to unfavorable market conditions (the NY operator tax rate is 51%), which has seen brands like BetMGM (already live in the state) limiting their presence.
California Democrats Recommend Voters Say No To Online Betting
The California Democratic Party has recommended voters say no to online betting when it appears on November’s state ballot. The ballot includes two proposals; the Tribal-backed proposition, “California Legalize Sports Betting on American Lands Initiative”, and a commercial proposal, “Proposition 27”, backed by betting brands like BetMGM, FanDuel, and DraftKings. The party has dominated CA elections since 1996, meaning its ballot endorsements hold weight with voters.
Game of the Week
Space Wars 2: Powerpoints: NetEnt, RTP 96.05%
Space Wars 2: Powerpoints is the sequel to NetEnt’s early 2013 Space Wars Slot. Although often overshadowed by more popular titles at that time, like Starburst, the original Space Wars is an absolute gem of a game. It may have taken NetEnt a few years, but they’ve finally got the gang of cute aliens back together on 6x6 cluster pay reels.
It is one action-packed slot, and it’s got multiple bonus features, so stick with us as we take you through them:
- Avalanche Reels: 3+ matching symbol award wins, and with each, the avalanche reels kick in, awarding a re-spin.
- Powerpoints: Every win you make contributes powerpoints to the meter, which equates to bigger win multipliers.
- Column/Row Blaster: 4 symbol wins trigger the column blaster, which removes all non-wild or bonus symbols from the row or column and adds extra powerpoints to the meter.
- Zapper: 5-6 symbols wins trigger the Zapper, which removes 1-4 or 3-4 types of symbols.
- Bombs: Hit a win consisting of horizontal and vertical matching symbols, and a bomb symbol appears, blowing after the line win is paid and removing characters from the reels for a more impressive re-spin.
- Wild + Multiplier Wild: Score a 3-symbol line, and a wild symbol will be added. In free spins, these are multiplier wilds and apply to the payout and number of powerpoints.
- Combos: If any of the bonus features land adjacent to another, they combine, becoming more powerful.
- Free Spins: Once you’ve collected 1,000 powerpoints, free spins start. The bonus is played on 8-row reels, and you can re-trigger the round.
Load up the reels, betting from $0.20-100, and play Space Wars Powerpoints Slot at any of these top NetEnt Casinos.